MatchMaker.fm is a service provided by Podcasting Ltd, registered in England & Wales (Company No: 10923794 & VAT Number: GB302800063).
Referred hereinafter as ‘MatchMaker.fm', 'our', 'we' and 'us'; is an internet service provider. All customers under our service are subject to the terms and conditions described in this document.
MatchMaker.fm reserves the right to make alterations to this document whenever we deem reasonable. It is the client's sole responsibility to check this document for updates on a regular basis.
Our Services are very diverse, so sometimes additional terms or product requirements (including age requirements) may apply. Additional terms will be available with the relevant Services and those additional terms become part of your agreement with us if you use those Services.
Share only content/media that you’ve created or have the right to share. You own the content you share on MatchMaker.fm. Remember to post authentic content, and don’t post anything you’ve copied or collected from the Internet that you don’t have the right to post.
MatchMaker.fm is a place to grow your network
Help us stay spam-free by not posting repetitive messages or repeatedly contacting people for commercial purposes without their consent. Don’t post content that engages in, promotes, encourages, facilitates, or admits to the offering, solicitation or trade of fake and misleading user reviews or ratings.
Don't impersonate others and don't create accounts for the purpose of violating our guidelines or misleading others.
MatchMaker.fm does not prohibit charging service fees for either guests or shows. However we do ask if payment is required you are transparent about this on your MatchMaker.fm profile.
By using MatchMaker you must follow the law
MatchMaker.fm is not a place to support or praise terrorism, organized crime, Sexual exploitation or hate groups. We have zero tolerance when it comes to sharing any content identified within the above categories.
If contacted by an authority in the event of an illegal situation regarding the distribution of adult, racist or any other unsociable material, we will cooperate fully in any investigations they decide to make against clients found to be breaking the law.
Respect other members of the community.
We remove content that contains credible threats or hate speech, content that targets private individuals to degrade or shame them, personal information meant to blackmail or harass someone, and repeated unwanted messages.
Posting of images deemed inappropriate is prohibited. This includes but is not limited to sexually explicit, promoting violence, extreme drug use, racism or self harm.
It's never OK to encourage violence or attack anyone based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, disabilities, or diseases.
Serious threats of harm to public and personal safety aren't allowed. This includes specific threats of physical harm as well as threats of theft, vandalism, and other financial harm. We carefully review reports of threats and consider many things when determining whether a threat is credible.
Users can report any misbehaviour to our team by emailing [email protected] or clicking the report button if applicable.
Restrictions, Acceptable Use, and Copyright
You must be over the age of 18 to sign up and use MatchMaker.fm’s services.
Using our Services does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in our Services or the content that you access. You may not use content from our Services unless you obtain permission from its owner or are otherwise permitted by law. These terms do not grant you the right to use any branding or logos used in our Services. Do not remove, obscure or alter any legal notices displayed in or along with our Services.
Reselling MatchMaker.fm products and services without our prior consent is strictly prohibited.
Our Services display some content from third parties. This content is the sole responsibility of the entity that makes it available. We may review content to determine whether it is illegal or violates our policies, and we may remove or refuse to display content that we reasonably believe violates our policies or the law. But that does not necessarily mean that we review content, so please do not assume that we do.
In connection with your use of the Services we may send you service announcements, administrative messages and other information. You may opt out of some of those communications.
Some of our Services are available on mobile devices. Do not use such Services in a way that distracts you and prevents you from obeying traffic or safety laws.
All material on this site, including but not limited to text, images, illustrations, code, scripts and audio clips/live audio is protected by copyrights which are owned and controlled by Podcasting Limited. Material from this website may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, unless we give you the written permission to do so.
Do not misuse our Services, for example, do not interfere with our Services or try to access them using a method other than the interface and the instructions that we provide. You may use our Services only as permitted by law, including applicable export and control laws and regulations. You may not use our services to distribute illegal or unsociable material. If you are breaking laws, being obscene, spreading false information, or abusing our infrastructure, we have the right to stop you from doing these things. Failure to comply will result in MatchMaker.fm terminating your account with immediate effect. We may suspend or stop providing our Services to you if you do not comply with our terms or policies or if we are investigating suspected misconduct.
Mobile App Terms
These terms are provided in addition to other terms outlined in this document. Where there may be conflicting statements, information provided in this section will take precedence when using mobile apps provided by MatchMaker.fm.
Use of the term "Marketplace" refers to the method of downloading apps to your device. This would be the App Store® on iOS® devices and Google Play on Android™ powered devices.
By using our mobile apps you agree to the EULA found on their respective store listings on their respective marketplaces. Neither device manufacturer, OS developer or marketplace provider are liable for any grievances or warranty claims raised from using any MatchMaker.fm branded mobile app.
When purchasing through the mobile app you are entering into an auto-renewing subscription. Our Pro plan will renew automatically one year from purchase unless otherwise cancelled. You can cancel your subscription purchased within the app by heading to your marketplace subscription settings. You can find details on this in our help centre.
A subscription is linked both to your MatchMaker.fm account and your marketplace account. This is non-transferrable.
Payments made in-app are processed by the marketplace directly and will appear on your marketplace statement. If you require a refund of your purchase please contact respective marketplace through their usual channels to request a refund.
Any support requests should be directed to MatchMaker by emailing [email protected]
iOS and App Store are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Android is a trademark of Google LLC.
Payment, Cancellations, and Refunds
Pro level services are billed on a yearly recurring subscription basis unless otherwise specified. Payment will be collected on a specific billing date 1 year from the initial payment date automatically and will continue until a cancellation request is received via the correct method (see below). Failure to pay for services delivered will result in suspension of service and/or late payment fee's in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debt Act (1998). If services are left unpaid for an extended period of time we reserve the right to remove the service (including all data) from our servers without notice.
All payments billed to existing clients are non-refundable, clients wishing to cancel their service should do so by visiting their account dashboard and cancelling the subscription their before the next due date. If we plan a price revision we will provide at least 30 days notice. Cancelling a PayPal or Card subscription directly without notifying us may result in an automated termination of service and loss of data.
If your cancellation has been successful, your service will continue until the end of your current billing period, unless refunded, then your service will be terminated immediately.
All paid plans offer a 28 day 'cooling off' period for new customers. If you are not happy with the service during this time, please contact [email protected] to discuss options.
It is the clients responsibility to keep track of all payments made. Any refunds to existing customers or given after the 28 day cooling off period will be made entirely at our discretion and may be subject to administrative charges.
You are not liable for any form of refund if you have breached the terms of service in any way.
From time to time MatchMaker.fm may run promotions or provide promo codes. Any promotional codes released are for use on new accounts only and cannot be retrospectively applied.
MatchMaker.fm has the right to withdraw any promotional campaign or codes at any time without prior notice.
Refer a Friend
- The program is available to users of MatchMaker.fm who are over the age of 18.
- By opting in, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any reward you may earn.
- The program starts from August 9th, 2021 and will run until at least December 31st, 2021. We may extend the promotion beyond this date.
- This program is not open to employees or their family of either Podcasting Limited or Radio.co (UK) limited.
- You must refer 10 (ten) legitimate users to MatchMaker using your unique link.
You may share your link anywhere online (unless a service or group prohibits such activity).
- A referred user must sign up using your unique link. If they do not, we are unable to retrospectively count them towards your referral account.
Once signed up they must fully complete either a Guest profile, Show profile or both.
- All referred users will be vetted automatically by our referral software. Any considered fraudulent will be discounted from your referral total.
Repeat offences of fraudulent activity will result in a referral account termination without reward.
- Once a user has received 10 successful referrals they will be eligible to claim a $50 giftcard from our partners at Tango Gift Cards.
- All rewards will be provided in US$. Tango gift cards can be redeemed at a selection of US based retailers.
- Reward status can be tracked within your MatchMaker account: https://matchmaker.fm/settings
- All rewards need to be manually released by MatchMaker.fm. This processing time may take up to 30 days.
- A single user is permitted to claim up to 5 rewards in any 6 month period.
Referred User Incentives
- To incentivise referred users we are offering them 50% off MatchMaker Pro for their first year, providing they sign up to Pro within 7 days of completing the program requirements.
- After the first year, the Pro subscription will renew at the standard cost at sign up.
- The promotion can only be applied if the user upgrades via our Website.
- The 50% promotion is non transferrable and subject to our standard promotion code terms.
- All referred users will be vetted automatically by our referral software.
- Any considered fraudulent will be discounted from your referral total and removed from the referral program.
- Repeat offences of fraudulent activity will result in removal from the referral program without reward and may result in termination of your MatchMaker.fm account without compensation.
- Depending on the severity of fraud we may also escalate a case to relevant authorities.
Data protection and Privacy
- Upon opting in to the referral program, either by the 'Opt In' button in your account, or by signing up using a referral link you agree to these terms.
- For the purpose of providing the referral service we will pass your account email address and IP address to our Referral provider for processing. This will only be used for the purpose of providing the service to you. You may receive communications from our referral partner via email. These will include:
- When a successful referral has been made
- When you are eligible to claim a reward
- You can opt out of these communications at any time by clicking the 'Unsubscribe' button at the bottom of the email.
- If you no longer wish to participate in the referral program, please send us an email requesting removal to [email protected].
- By leaving the program you agree that any unclaimed rewards or referrals are void at point of removal.
Share & Win $50 Prize Draw
By entering the prize draw you are agreeing to these prize draw terms and conditions.
The prize draw is being run by Podcasting Limited (MatchMaker.fm).
Eligibility to enter
- The prize draw is open to users of MatchMaker.fm who are over the age of 18.
- In entering the prize draw, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win.
- A maximum of one entry per individual is permitted.
- The prize draw is free to enter.
- The promotion period will run from February 9th 2021 - March 1st 2021 inclusive.
- This competition is not open to employees or their family of either Podcasting Limited or Radio.co (UK) limited.
How to enter
- The prize draw will include any user of the MatchMaker.fm service who has fulfilled the entry criteria below.
- To enter the prize draw simply share your own profile to either Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn during the promotion period ensuring you include the #MatchMakerFM hashtag.
- The prize will be one $50 Amazon gift card. There are a total of five prizes.
- If you reside in a territory other than the USA a gift card of similar value will be awarded in your territories currency.
- Podcasting Limited's (MatchMaker.fm) use of particular brands as prizes does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement of such brands.
- The winner will be drawn at random.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
- We reserve the right to substitute prizes with another prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond our control make it necessary to do so.
- The decision of Podcasting Limited (MatchMaker.fm) regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- The winner will be notified after March 1st 2021 via their account notification email address
- Podcasting Limited (MatchMaker.fm) will attempt to contact the winner by email up to two times.
- If the winner does not respond to the emails notifying them of their win within 14 days of the second email, they will lose their right to the prize, and Podcasting Limited (MatchMaker.fm) reserves the right to choose and notify a new winner.
Receipt of the prize
- The prize will be delivered to the winner(s) via the email agreed upon between the two parties
Data protection and publicity
- You consent to any personal information you provide in entering the prize draw being used by Podcasting Limited (MatchMaker.fm) for the purposes of administering the prize draw, and for those purposes as defined within our privacy notice.
- All entrants may apply for details of the winning participant by contacting us at [email protected]
- The winner agrees to the release of their first name and podcast name to any other prize draw participants if requested via Podcasting Limited (MatchMaker.fm).
- An announcement of the winners first name profile photo and podcast will be made via MatchMaker.fm's social media accounts.
- All personal information shall be used in accordance with Podcasting Limited's (MatchMaker.fm) Privacy Notice.
- Throughout the promotional period your share link will include additional tracking data in order to log shares as prize draw entries.
Limitation of liability
- Podcasting Limited (MatchMaker.fm) does not accept any liability for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrants as a result of either participating in the prize draw or being selected for a prize, save that Podcasting Limited (MatchMaker.fm) does not exclude its liability for death or personal injury as a result of its own negligence.
- Podcasting Limited (MatchMaker.fm) does not provide any form of practical or IT support for this prize. On receipt, all responsibilities relating to warranty and the product are that of the prize winner.
- Podcasting Limited (MatchMaker.fm) reserves the right to cancel the prize draw or amend these terms and conditions at any time, without prior notice.
- The prize draw and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales
Support and Communications Policy
Customers who require technical support can contact us at any time by emailing [email protected]. We aim to get back to you within 72 hours. We often respond much sooner than this, however, our standard products do not include any form of support time response guarantee unless otherwise specified.
To aid our customer service representatives, it is important for clients to include a clear outline of account information, system reference numbers and adequate details of any problems when submitting a request to our support department, with a detailed description and screenshots where required. Failure to do so will result in a delayed response and/or resolution times.
Customers are expected to be courteous and professional in their communications to MatchMaker.fm. Under no circumstances will we tolerate any kind of verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse, retribution or ticket desk spamming) of any MatchMaker.fm customer, employee, member, or officer. If a customer is deemed abusive this will result in immediate account termination.
MatchMaker.fm agrees to offer support to customers only on topics directly relating to our services and our support team are there to assist customers with any problems directly relating to the availability or functionality of our service. Our support service does not cover generic podcasting advice. We do not offer support for third-party services. Clients will need to seek advice from the third party vendor.
Any views, information or opinions presented in any communication from a MatchMaker.fm staff member are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.
Your Content in Our Services
Some of our Services allow you to upload, submit, store, send or receive content. You retain ownership of any intellectual property rights that you hold in that content. In short, what belongs to you stays yours.
When you upload, submit, store, send or receive content to or through our Services, you give MatchMaker.fm (and those we work with) a worldwide licence to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (such as those resulting from translations, adaptations or other changes that we make so that your content works better with our Services), communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such content. The rights that you grant in this licence are for the limited purpose of operating, promoting and improving our Services, and to develop new ones. Some Services may offer you ways to access and remove content that has been provided to that Service. Also, in some of our Services, there are terms or settings that narrow the scope of our use of the content submitted in those Services. Make sure that you have the necessary rights to grant us this licence for any content that you submit to our Services.
About Software in Our Services
When a Service requires or includes downloadable software, this software may be updated automatically on your device once a new version or feature is available. Some Services may let you adjust your automatic update settings.
MatchMaker.fm gives you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable and non-exclusive licence to use the software provided to you by MatchMaker.fm as part of the Services. This licence is for the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of the Services as provided by MatchMaker.fm in the manner permitted by these terms. You may not copy, modify, distribute, sell or lease any part of our Services or included software, nor may you reverse engineer or attempt to extract the source code of that software, unless laws prohibit those restrictions or you have our written permission.
Open-source software is important to us. Some software used in our Services may be offered under an open-source licence that we will make available to you. There may be provisions in the open-source licence that expressly override some of these terms.
About Third Party Software Integrations
Some services offered by MatchMaker.fm may be provided by third parties (such as Video Profiles). Use of these services may require personal information (your name and account email address) to be sent to the provider. By accepting use of those features you agree to have this data shared with the provider. No other personal information is shared. Third party services may contact you by email relating to the use of their product.
Modifying and Terminating Our Services
We are constantly changing and improving our Services. We may add or remove functionalities or features and we may suspend or stop a Service altogether.
You can stop using our Services at any time, although we would be sorry to see you go. MatchMaker.fm may also stop providing Services to you or add or create new limits to our Services at any time.
We believe that you own your data, and preserving your access to such data is important. If we discontinue a Service, where reasonably possible, we will give you reasonable advance notice and a chance to remove information from that Service.
Our Warranties and Disclaimers
We provide our Services using a commercially reasonable level of skill and care and we hope that you will enjoy using them. But there are certain things that we do not promise about our Services.
Other than as expressly set out in these terms or additional terms, neither MatchMaker.fm nor its suppliers or distributors makes any specific promises about the Services. For example, we do not make any commitments about the content within the Services, the specific functions of the Services or their reliability, availability or ability to meet your needs. We provide the Services “as is”.
Some jurisdictions provide for certain warranties, like the implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all warranties.
Liability for our Services
When permitted by law, MatchMaker.fm and MatchMaker.fm’s suppliers and distributors will not be responsible for lost profits, revenues or data, financial losses or indirect, special, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages.
To the extent permitted by law, the total liability of MatchMaker.fm and its suppliers and distributors for any claims under these terms, including for any implied warranties, is limited to the amount that you paid us to use the Services (or, if we choose, to supplying you with the Services again).
In all cases, MatchMaker.fm and its suppliers and distributors will not be liable for any loss or damage that is not reasonably foreseeable.
We recognise that in some countries, you might have legal rights as a consumer. If you are using the Services for a personal purpose, then nothing in these terms or any additional terms limits any consumers’ legal rights which may not be waived by contract.
Business Uses of Our Services
If you are using our Services on behalf of a business, that business accepts these terms. It will hold harmless and indemnify MatchMaker.fm and its affiliates, officers, agents and employees from any claim, action or proceedings arising from or related to the use of the Services or violation of these terms, including any liability or expense arising from claims, losses, damages, judgements, litigation costs and legal fees.
About These Terms
We may modify these terms or any service-specific terms, for example, to reflect changes to the law or changes to our Services. You should look at the terms regularly. We’ll post notice of modifications to these terms on this page. We’ll post notice of modified additional terms in the applicable Service. Changes will not apply retrospectively and will become effective no earlier than fourteen days after they are posted. However, changes addressing new functions for a Service or changes made for legal reasons will be effective immediately. If you do not agree to the modified terms for a Service, you should discontinue your use of that Service.
If there is any inconsistency between these terms and the additional terms, the additional terms will prevail to the extent of the inconsistency.
These terms govern the relationship between MatchMaker.fm and you. They do not create any third party beneficiary rights.
If you do not comply with these terms and we do not take action immediately, this doesn’t mean that we are giving up any rights that we may have (such as taking action in the future).
If it turns out that a particular term is not enforceable, this will not affect any other terms.
For customer support, sales or billing enquiries - please email [email protected]
For business and other enquiries, our correspondence address is: Podcasting Limited, Suite 2A, Basil Chambers, 65 High Street, Manchester, M4 1FS, UK.
Our telephone number is (+44) 161 884 1384.