“THE PODCAST ABOUT CREATIVITY, WRITING, AND MYSTERY”
Recognized as a 2022 Top 5 Literature Podcast by CrowdUltra and an Apple Podcasts "New & Noteworthy" show in 2016, MGO Was also nominated for the 2019 People's Choice Podcast Awards. In 2023 we were selected as one of the top podcasts in the literacy-focused category on MatchMaker.fm. Our host, J. Alexander Greenwood, is an award-winning writer, public relations consultant, speaker, and author of the John Pilate Mysteries.
Schedule and Content Focus:
We produce two seasons each year, with 15-20 episodes in each. Season 12 airs from September to December 2023. Interviews, typically up to 30 minutes long, are conducted on weekdays between 9:30 AM and 3 PM Central Time.
Our discussions mainly center on mystery, thriller, suspense, historical fiction, memoirs, and biographies.
We rarely book guests to talk about:
- Children's books
- Young adult
We strictly avoid:
- Religious fiction
- Spirituality ("woo-woo" topics)
- Fringe medical subjects
- Books with poor production values (bad covers, poor editing, etc.)
- Financial, insurance, sales, crypto, or other unengaging palaver. (For business-related nonfiction books, consider pitching to PR After Hours, Alex's business show).
Why Be a Guest on Our Show?
- Engaging conversations, not stiff, scripted interviews.
- Reach an audience passionate about writing, books, and creativity.
- Our host, Alex, is deeply involved in the craft of writing and enjoys discussing all its facets.
- Most episodes are promoted for years after the original airing.
Interested in discussing creativity in your career? We're all ears!
Requirements and Expectations:
- Check our previous episodes at MGOPod.com to understand our content mix.
- Guests must have an external microphone and earbuds/earphones to ensure good audio quality. Poor audio may lead to an edited segment in an "omnibus episode."
- Books for review must arrive at least 30 days prior to the interview. Click here for our address to send an ARC.
- Click here for tips on how to be a great guest!
- We view our guests as partners; they must agree to share their appearance on social media channels and newsletters. Lack of promotion on your part may result in reduced promotion from us after the original airdate.
Whether you're an exciting author, a creative professional, or someone making a difference in your community, we invite you to pitch to us. We occasionally delve into politics, social issues, and other engaging subjects. Join us in celebrating creativity and literature!